When it comes to home plumbing projects, it is always best to hire a professional plumber. Even a small plumbing mistake can lead to leaks, floods and damage to other parts of the home. It is important to do your research before hiring plumbers to make sure they are reliable, skillful and do the job right the first time.
Here are five things to consider when seeking a professional plumber for your home plumbing needs.
- Certification – Plumbers are licensed trade people and therefore should always have the proper certification to show their clients. Any extra help should be either professional plumbers or licensed apprentices. Always make sure to ask to see certification before hiring any plumbers.
- Reviews – It is relatively easy in the age to look up a company, whether it’s a plumber or a restaurant, and check out the reviews the company has received from other clients. If you decide to hire a plumber with poor reviews, you might be asking for it.
- The Quote – Professional plumbers will not be willing to hand out an estimate over the phone, especially on large jobs. A true professional will perform an on-site visit to establish the work needed and then give you a proper estimate. At the very least, they will require photos of the intended project. Do not trust any plumbers who simply hear of a project and give you an estimate, because it will likely be inaccurate.
- Communication – Never underestimate the importance of good communication when hiring plumbers. A plumber who is open about his work and is willing to answer any questions, comments or queries is key to avoiding costly errors.
- Troubleshooting – A good plumber will get the job done right the first time, but no house is perfect. Sometimes, things happen. A good plumber will foresee these potential problems, warn the homeowner, and be able to troubleshoot the problems during the course of the job.
By considering these five simple factors before hiring a plumber, you may ensure that you are getting the highest quality and efficiency from your plumbing expert.
If you’d like to get in touch CONTACT us today and get a free quote!